Google rolls out Penguin 4.0 Search Algorithm
Google fully rolls out the 4th major release of the Penguin update (Penguin 4.0). Websites that increased ranking through black hat SEO techniques might lose search rankings, giving priority to high quality websites. The Penguin update will be applied to all languages and in real time.
Introduced in 2012, this Google Algorithm update aims to clear the web of sites that manipulated the links toward the page web pages to increase ranking and signal. The goal is to have the search results populated with compelling web pages having great content and not just filled with keyword stuffing. The company launched the algorithm to reinforce the General Guidelines which was outlined to avoid sites from being removed from the index and other Google partner sites.
If the site is penalized, webmasters can manually remove bad links then apply for reconsideration through a Google Webmaster Tools form. Unfortunately, site owners will have to wait for the next update to regain ranking which could take months and even years. However, this month, Google announced that it will crawl and index sites in real-time.
Google has given these examples of black hat SEO techniques
The “SEO” keywords are over stuffed on the above page.
Unusual Linking Pattern:
The highlighted texts and outgoing links are totally irrelevant to the main content.
Confirmed Penguin Updates:
- Penguin 1 on April 24, 2012 (impacting around 3.1% of queries)
- Penguin 2 on May 26, 2012 (impacting less than 0.1%)
- Penguin 3 on October 5, 2012 (impacting around 0.3% of queries)
- Penguin 4 (AKA Penguin 2.0) on May 22, 2013 (impacting 2.3% of queries)
- Penguin 5 (AKA Penguin 2.1) on October 4, 2013 (impacting around 1% of queries)
- Penguin 6 (AKA Penguin 3.0) on October 17, 2014 (impacting less than 1% English queries)
- Penguin 7 (AKA Penguin 4.0) on September 23, 2016
How to avoid Penguin “bites”.
- Just keep it natural. Avoid over optimization
- Always keep the user in mind. The site is not primarily for search engines.
- Keep the information coming. More content means more value to your site.
- Remove incoming spammy links. Links should be from quality sites and relevant articles.
Sign8 SEO consultants have observed partner sites gained ranking through the recent Penguin update. Talk now with an SEO expert for more information on the Penguin update and how to avoid it. Call now : Local: (813) 551-3434 firstname.lastname@example.org